Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Truth be told?

I recently asked a bud of mine, "How? Just tell me the truth? What do you think?". She replied nonchalantly, "Do you really want the truth? Can you handle it? Or do you just wanna hear a lie?". I've known her for about 10 years. And she has never failed to sugar coat my problems and solutions for me, cept this time...

People think they want the truth. But do they really? Did I really want the truth? Or was I just hoping for her to say something I wanted to hear? We give friends advice, solutions, and most of the time, our undivided attention. But, by far, the hardest thing you can give a friend, is the truth. The truth is hard. The truth is awkward and very often the truth hurts.

Maybe I've been addicted to sugar coated advice for too long. And the thing about addictions is, it never really ends well. Cos eventually, whatever that was feeding this high, stops feeling good, starts to hurt. I had expected the usual dose of coatings, but...

The truth is painful. Deep down, nobody wants to hear it, especially when it hits close to home. Sometimes we tell the truth because the truth is all we have to give. Sometimes we tell the truth because we need to say it out loud to hear it for ourselves. And sometimes we tell the truth because we just can't help ourselves. Sometimes, we tell them because we owe them at least that much. And sometimes, we tell the truth because we are friends, and if we don't, who will?

Smoking @ 10:37 AM

Puffs Taken

  • Leave a comment
  • Return to main page

  • Profile

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Bong360
    Singapore

    View my complete profile



    Previous Posts

    Broken by Lifehouse
    Adulthood or?
    The Right Combination - Seiko Matsuda & Donnie Wah...
    Dreams
    Forgive & Forget
    Back In The Land Of Emptiness
    Batting in the Right League?
    Sometimes, It's Funny...
    Being Labelled...
    A Knights Tale



    Archives

    December 2005
    November 2007
    December 2007
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008



    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com