Saturday, April 05, 2008

Adulthood or?

I met up with a group of my closest friends today for dinner, some of which i knew for more than 15years, some 10. And some, when they had just started going out, and are married now. One of them is even expecting their 2nd child. Awkward tho it was, as the head count at dinner was 10+1, I happend to be the +1.

I got a little envious as the night started, I was the odd one out. As usual, they guys will congregate after each course at the foyer for a smoke. But this time, the topics changed, it was no more about this girl or that girl... but more of, "my son" etc etc, looking at new flats etc, how pampers prices have went up, and milk powder cost $44/can now... At that point in time, I really felt out of place. I was in a different league. I was alone. I was like a kid amongst them. And all of a sudden, the same old male topics came about... We started talking and acting like kids again, just like 10 years ago...

Then they turned the attention towards me, as if on cue, and asked the all impt question... "So what abt you?". I was stumped. And I just shrugged it off...

There comes a point in your life, when you’re officially an adult. Suddenly, you’re old enough to vote, drink and engage in other adult activities. Suddenly, people expect you to be responsible, serious, a grown-up. We get taller, we get older. But do we ever really grow up?

In some ways we grow up, we have families… we get married, divorced… but for the most part we still have the same problems that we did when we were fifteen. No matter how much we grow taller, grow older, we are still forever stumbling… forever wondering, forever… young.

And then I realised, I was no different from them.. It was just the status... Married, single, divorced. We are all still kids inside...

Smoking @ 2:37 AM

Puffs Taken

  • Leave a comment
  • Return to main page

  • Profile

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Bong360
    Singapore

    View my complete profile



    Previous Posts

    The Right Combination - Seiko Matsuda & Donnie Wah...
    Dreams
    Forgive & Forget
    Back In The Land Of Emptiness
    Batting in the Right League?
    Sometimes, It's Funny...
    Being Labelled...
    A Knights Tale
    The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
    Secrets



    Archives

    December 2005
    November 2007
    December 2007
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008



    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com